Every child (young and old) deserves a little sweetness at the holidays. Lots of companies are producing allergy-friendly sweets, but they can sometimes be hard to find. We've done the searching for you - here are 5 companies that make delicious, allergy-friendly candies and cookies:
- Yummi Earth Hard Candies (Compare Prices) - Yummi Earth hard candies come in fun flavors like Googly Grape, Chili Mango Mambo, or my favorite: Hopscotch Butterscotch. All are organic, vegan, and free of nuts, soy, wheat, eggs, peanuts, gluten, dairy, corn syrup, and artificial flavors.
- Vermont Nut-Free Chocolate Coins (Prices) Kids of all ages will love these nut- and peanut-free chocolate coins. Vermont Nut-Free Chocolates are made in a dedicated nut-free facility.
- Pure Fun Organic Candy Canes (Compare Prices) - These candy canes are free of the 8 most common allergens, artificial colors and flavors, and are kosher. They are also delicious.
- Hammond's Candies All-Natural Candies (Prices) - Hammond's huge, hand-crafted lollipops and candy canes make a spectacular stocking stuffer or gift box topper. Hammond's also crafts butterscotch pillows and ribbon candy that are free of food dyes and gluten. Note that this is not a dedicated facility, there are nuts, dairy, and soy present in the candy factory.
- Sweet Alexis (See Prices) - Sweet Alexis offers made-to-order cookies and muffins that are free of eggs, dairy, peanuts, and tree nuts.
When buying candy, be sure you know the specific allergies of your gift recepient. A box of nut-free milk chocolates is a really bummer if you have a dairy allergy.