Here are all the soy-free recipes on the About.com Food Allergies Guidesite, listed by category. Recipes that may include soy oil or soy lecithin only are indicated with a (*). Recipes that can be made soy-free with the use of soy-free mayonnaise (recipe below, in the "sauces, condiments, and appetizers" section) are indicated with an (M).
- Apple-Pomegranate Pork Loin: Colorful, sweet-tart celebration dish. Lovely option for Christmas dinner.
- Allergy-safe Steak: Most commercial steak marinades include soy sauce or soy-based Worcestershire sauce. Here's a flavorful steak preparation without the soy.
- Easy Allergy-Safe Roast Chicken: There's no easier way to make an allergy-friendly main dish.
- Gluten-Free Panisse with Spring Vegetables: A hearty, balanced vegetarian main dish.
- Hot Millet Breakfast Cereal: Coconut, apricot, and millet cereal makes a warming breakfast and a good introduction to this flavorful alternative grain.
- Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Zucchini-Feta Pancakes: Greek-inspired savory pancakes with feta cheese and herbs.
- Tacos with Allergen-Free Seasoning: Adapt this taco seasoning to work with your favorite filling and to meet all your allergy needs.
- Lamb with Feta-Mint Pesto: Sophisticated dish will serve a crowd.
- Chicken Provençal: Complete, balanced one-dish meal free from most common allergens.
- Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Fried Chicken: Southern-style allergy-friendly chicken that tastes like the real thing.
- Allergen-Free Sweet Potato Casserole: A traditional Thanksgiving dish, free from major allergens.
- Allergy-Safe Latkes: Enjoy a Hannukah essential without dairy, eggs, or gluten.
- Basic Microwave Spaghetti Squash: The easiest way to cook this versatile winter favorite.
- Broccoli with Vinaigrette: Elegant side that pairs well with almost any main dish.
- Cinnamon Applesauce: Simple kid-friendly side or infant starter food.
- Carrots with Cinnamon: Kid-friendly preparation adds sweetness to a favorite vegetable.
- Dairy-Free Mashed Potatoes (*): Use a soy-free margarine or olive oil to make these completely soy-free, or substitute a small amount of rice milk.
- Fruit Salad with Allergy-Safe Champagne-Lime Dressing: This dressing, free from major allergens, will keep your fruits bright and crisp.
- Gingered Pears: Try these as a dinnertime side or with your favorite frozen treat.
- Millet-Herb Stuffing: Alternate stuffing for Lamb with Feta-Mint Pesto (above), or serve on its own as a nutritious starchy side dish.
- Mushroom-Sage Risotto: Hearty Northern Italian rice dish that's filling enough to serve as a vegetarian main dish.
Soups, Snacks, and Salads
- Curry Chicken Salad (M): Spicy chicken salad with apricots for sweetness and water chestnuts or nuts for texture.
- Cranberry Chicken Salad (M): Dried cranberries are a sweet-tart contrast to chicken in this simple salad.
- Dairy-Free Potato-Leek Soup: A rich, traditional favorite without dairy or soy.
- Fried Plantains: Eat these allergy-friendly banana relatives like chips.
- Soy-Free Larb: Most East Asian recipes aren't safe for soy allergies. Larb, a Thai salad made from ground chicken or pork, is an exception.
- Pumpkin and Apple Soup: Try this vegetarian soup, made from two fall favorites, on your Thanksgiving table.
- Allergy-safe Quinoa Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette: Summer salad is a great introduction to this Incan "supergrain."
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds: After you carve your Halloween Jack'o'Lantern, make this nutritious, crowd-pleasing snack.
- Nut-Free Trail Mix: Super-quick, nutritious mix for walking or picnics. The specified granola and chocolate chips are from a soy-free manufacturer.
- Allergy-safe Gazpacho (*): Classic Spanish cold tomato soup; perfect for midsummer. Check labels on hot pepper sauces.
- All-Purpose Allergy-Safe Vegetable Broth: Many commercial vegetable broths include soy, so make this cooking staple in bulk and keep it in your freezer.
Sauces, Condiments, and Appetizers
- Corn-Free Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Ginger: Enjoy your Thanksgiving turkey without unhealthy high-fructose corn syrup.
- Guacamole: A Super Bowl essential and nut-free sandwich spread.
- Red Wine Pan Sauce: Easy accompaniment to steak or other meats.
- Tomato Bruschetta: Classic Piedmontese toast recipe makes a lovely appetizer or picnic fare.
- Corn-Free, Soy-Free, Sulfite-Free Mayonnaise: Sensitive to soy oil or lecithin in commercial mayonnaise? Make your own in a matter of minutes --- it tastes better too!
- Spinach-Artichoke Dip: This pub favorite often has soy, wheat, or shellfish among its ingredients. Here's a safer version.
- Red Pepper Puree: Sandwich spread or dip that couldn't be easier. Great way to sneak veggies into a school lunch!
- Hummus: Classic Middle Eastern dip, delicious with crudites or on sandwiches.
- Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Poultry Gravy: No chicken required to make this accompaniment to chicken or turkey. Note: read labels carefully if you use packaged chicken broth.
- Dairy-Free Hempmilk Tapioca Pudding: Creamy and rich dairy-free dessert. Hempmilk is soy-free as of this writing, but do check labels.
- Dairy-Free Strawberry-Banana Smoothie: Try this fruity smoothie for a quick workday breakfast.
- Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Tempura Batter: Rice flour-based recipe for Japanese tempura batter. Includes frying instructions.