Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen kebabs
- 1 clamshell strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 clamshell blueberries, washed
- 1 pound seedless grapes, washed and removed from stems
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 melon, cut into 1-inch cubes (or made into balls with melon baller)
- 4 oranges or Clementines, separated into segments
- 4 apples, cut into wedges and dipped in lemon juice to prevent browning
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced into thick slices
- 24 kebab skewers
Choose 4-5 of the above fruits for your kebabs. Prepare fruit in advance and set out a buffet with each fruit in a separate bowl.
Give each child a kebab skewer. Allow children to choose their own fruit and thread it onto their skewer. Very young children may need help.
Add a little sparkle to your party with one of these kebab variations:
- Magic Wands: Top each kebab one with a star shaped piece of fruit. You can either buy star fruit and slice it, or slice a fresh pineapple into ½ inch thick slices – skin and all – and then use a cookie cutter to cut out star shapes.
- Ambrosia Kebabs: Pineapple chunks, orange slices, pitted cherries (or strawberries, for a less labor-intensive version), and marshmallows, served with coconut yogurt dip.