Are you bored of your allergy-friendly lunches? Try one of these wheat-free ideas:
- Millet tabouleh
- Your favorite wheat-free soup and gluten-free crackers
- Tuna salad wraps - use corn torillas or lettuce leaves as wraps
- Taco salad - Tossed green salad with black beans, cheese, tomatoes, and tortilla chips. Pack salsa for dressing.
- A sandwich made on homemade gluten-free bread: wheat-free lunch meat, PB&J, or hummus and cucumber.
- Allergy-friendly caramel popcorn
- Carrot and celery sticks with hummus
- Gluten-free energy bars
- "Lunchable"-style gluten-free crackers with cheese, dips, and deli meats.
For more great ideas, see Gluten-Free School Lunch Recipes, by Teri Gruss, Guide to Gluten-Free Cooking.
Follow About FoodAllergies on Facebook and Twitter!
Follow About Food Allergies on Facebook - get updates on new articles, links to great recipes, and join in the conversation with other facebook users with food allergies. Are you on Twitter? Follow About Food Allergies, at FoodAllergiesAb