Is your child lactose intolerant or does she have a dairy allergy? Packing a lunch without dairy can be daunting, but with a little advance planning and label reading (note that milk and whey are common bread ingredients) your child can have a tasty, nutritious, and kid-pleasing school lunch. Try one of these ideas:
- Individual carton of soy milk
- Juice box
- Pita bread stuffed with hummus, red pepper and cucumber slices
- PB&J or almond butter and fruit spread on dairy-free bread
- Dairy-free lunch meat and soy cheese on dairy-free bread
- Homemade pasta salad
- Tortilla wrap with deli chicken, tomato, and guacamole
- Soy yogurt
- Dairy-free pretzels
- Dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries, or apricots
- Potato chips
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Mini rice cakes (make sure they are dairy-free) with almond butter
For more dairy-free school lunch ideas, see Ashley Skabar's recipes for Dairy-Free Lunches for Kids.
Follow About FoodAllergies on Facebook and Twitter!
Follow About Food Allergies onĀ Facebook - get updates on new artcles, links to great recipes, and join in the conversation with other facebook users with food allergies. Are you on Twitter? Follow About Food Allergies, with the twitter nameĀ FoodAllergiesAb.